Connect with us

News

Aminu Bayero didn’t cancel Sallah Durbar, he only ended his drama, says Kurawa

Published

on

 

The cancellation of a parallel Durbar initially planned by the 15th Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, during the coming Eid-el-Fitr Sallah celebrations in Kano, has been dismissed as a charade.

A researcher and author, Malam Ibrahim Ado Kurawa told newsmen on Thursday that Bayero couldn’t have staged the Sallah Durbar in the first place, having been disposed of instruments and protocol associated with the traditional heritage.

Kurawa, a renowned Kano emirate historian said it is practically impossible for 15th emir to rewrite over 500 years history of Durbar, insisted that the earlier announcement of a parallel Durbar was politically motivated to destabilize the relative peace in state.

Kurawa, is the author of the only book on Kano Durbar whose citation was used by UNESCO to recognize and designate the festival as world intangible cultural heritage of humanity.

Besides, Kurawa added that Aminu Bayero did not have a single key emirate councillor amd custodian of the tradition ike Shamaki, Dan Rimi, Madakin Shamaki, Madakin Dan Rimi, Sallama to showcase the colorful tradition. He also added that the Makaman Kano leads the procession. None of these principal officers is with Aminu Ado Bayero.

#

According to Kurawa, “Durbar is a ceremony or procession that has been going on for over 500 years. It has its processes, and its protocols. You cannot have Durbar if you are not in Gidan Rumfa, because Rumfa was the first Sarkin Kano who initiated it, and he has designated specific events, specific codes and specific protocols for each Durbar.

“For example, if you are going for Sallah, you have to come out with white clothes from a particular gate called Fatalwa Gate at the Gidan Rumfa Palace, and then proceed to the Eid Ground on foot. And after the Eid prayer, you must come back through a different route where you will address the people before proceeding back to the palace and enter through another gate.

“Now, if the emir is going for another ceremony, like going to visit his mother he follows protocols established over 500 years ago. For Hawan Daushe to visit Mai Babban Daki (Emir’s Mother) the way to do it was established over 500 years ago. The Emir comes out from Kofar Kwaru and then return through Kofar Kudu. So, if you are not there, where are you going?

The researcher further explained that since Aminu Bayero is not operating from Gidan Rumfa, he has already been incapacitated as far as Sallah Durbar is concerned, saying only an emir who is residing in the Gidan Rumfa Palace possesses the authority to lead Durbar.

“So, he was only joking because he lacks the authority and the legitimacy. He was only going to bring confusion by his dramatization. Therefore, he was not cancelling the Durbar, but only cancelling his dramatization. He would have only ridden horses and that’s all, but would not have qualified as the Hawan Sarki Durbar that is rooted in culture and tradition.

“he was the one who was breaching the peace in the first place. If he has resolved not to breach the peace any more, we commend him for that. Aminu Bayero has been doing all that he has done so far because the federal government has been backing him. If the federal government has allowed the state government to discharge its statutory responsibility, things would not have turned out this way”. He noted.

Kurawa reminded that when Governor Ganduje decided to depose Emir Sanusi back then, the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) did not resist or challenge his removal in the court because he believed it was worthless.

He insisted that Aminu Bayero is muzzling all the energies to resist his removal all because of the security cover being extended to him by the federal government.

He finally called on the people to go about their normal lives as the official Durbar takes place, and he advised the state government to reach out to stakeholders and do its duties in maintaining peace and order.

News

Governor Yusuf Condoles Emir Sunusi II,APC Chairman Over The Demise Of Galadiman Kano

Published

on

 

In a solemn expression of grief, Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf has extended his heartfelt condolences to the Emir of Kano, His Highness Mallam Muhammadu Sanusi II, the Kano Emirate Council, and the Kano State APC Chairman, Alhaji Abdullahi Abbas, following the passing of the esteemed Galadiman Kano, Alhaji Abbas Sanusi.

The late Galadiman Kano, who passed away at the age of 91 on Tuesday night in Kano, was a revered elder statesman and a cornerstone of the Kano Emirate. His life was marked by dedicated service to the Emirate, where he held prominent traditional titles, including Wamban Kano, and served as a trusted advisor to the late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero.

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf described the loss as a profound tragedy, not only for the Emirate but for the entire state of Kano. He praised the late Galadiman Kano for his wisdom, discipline, and unwavering commitment to preserving Kano’s rich cultural and traditional heritage.

“The passing of Alhaji Abbas Sanusi is a great loss to Kano State. He was a father to many and a custodian of our rich traditions. His wisdom and contributions to the progress of the Emirate will be remembered for generations,” Governor Yusuf remarked.

The Governor also extended his condolences to the people of Kano State, emphasizing the monumental loss of Alhaji Abbas Sanusi. He prayed for Almighty Allah’s mercy upon the departed soul and for strength for the family to endure this great loss.

In a statement signed by Comrade Ibrahim Abdullahi Waiya, Commissioner of Information and Internal Affairs, Governor Yusuf urged the people of Kano to honor the memory of the late Galadiman Kano through prayers and by upholding the values of unity and service that he exemplified throughout his life.

The passing of Alhaji Abbas Sanusi leaves a void in Kano’s traditional leadership, but his legacy of wisdom and dedication will continue to inspire generations to come.

#
Continue Reading

News

Hon. Abubakar Bichi Mourns The Passing Of Galadiman Kano, Alhaji Abbas Sunusi At 92

Published

on

 

In a heartfelt tribute, Honourable Abubakar Kabir Abubakar, Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, has mourned the passing of Alhaji Abbas Sunusi, the Galadiman Kano, who died at the age of 92. The late Galadiman Kano passed away in Kano on Tuesday and was laid to rest the following day in accordance with Islamic rites.

Expressing his condolences, Hon. Abubakar Kabir Abubakar described the news of Alhaji Abbas Sunusi’s passing as a source of profound sadness and shock. He praised the late Galadiman Kano for leading a peaceful and exemplary life, which he deemed worthy of emulation.

The Honourable Member highlighted the special connection between the late Galadiman Kano and the people of Bichi, where he was born during the tenure of his father, the late Emir Muhammad Sanusi I, as the district head of Bichi. This bond, he noted, has continued to foster a sense of belonging among the people of Bichi, a constituency Hon. Abubakar currently represents in the Federal House of Representatives.

In his statement, Hon. Abubakar extended his condolences to the Kano State APC Chairman, Alhaji Abdullahi Abbas Sunusi, who lost his father at a time when his guidance and wisdom were most needed.

“On behalf of my family and the entire people of Bichi Federal Constituency, I pray to Almighty Allah to grant the late Galadiman Kano, Alhaji Abbas Sunusi, eternal rest and Aljannatul Firdausi,” said Hon. Abubakar Kabir Abubakar.

#

The passing of Alhaji Abbas Sunusi marks the end of an era for Kano State and the Kano Emirate Council, leaving behind a legacy of peace and leadership that will be remembered for generations to come.

Continue Reading

News

Murtala Garo mourns Galadiman Kano, Abbas Sunusi

Published

on

Late Abbas Sanusi

 

 

The former deputy governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano State, Hon. Murtala Sule Garo, has mourned the most senior councillor and oldest member of the Kano Emirate Council, Galadiman Kano, Alhaji Abbas Sunusi Bayero, who passed away at the age of 92.

In a statement personally signed on Wednesday, Garo described the late Galadiman Kano as a respected elder statesman who contributed immensely to the development of Kano and the traditional institution.

“The passing of Alhaji Abbas Sunusi is a great loss, not only to his family but to the entire Kano Emirate and the people of the state. He was a man of wisdom and integrity, whose guidance and leadership were invaluable,” Garo said.
Murtala Sule Garo, a former commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs further prayed for Allah’s mercy upon the deceased and for the family to have the strength to bear the irreparable loss.
“I extend my deepest condolences to Abdullahi Abbas, Kano APC Chairman and the entire family. May Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant him Aljannatul Firdaus,” he added.
Alhaji Abbas Sunusi passed away on Tuesday night leaving behind children and numerous grandchildren.
Born in 1933 in Bichi, Kano State, he previously served as Wamban Kano before being turbaned as the Galadiman Kano by Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi in 2014.
Throughout his lifetime, he was known for his deep commitment to the traditional institution and his contributions to the socio-political landscape of Kano.
His funeral prayer was conducted in accordance with Islamic rites and attended by dignitaries, family members, and well-wishers from different walks of life.

#
Continue Reading

Trending