Connect with us

News

Abdul’Aziz Ganduje  to drag father to court over payment in N190m contract deal

Published

on

Right,Abdul Aziz Ganduje,Left Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje

Abdulazeez Ganduje, the eldest son of the governor of Kano State, Abdullahi Ganduje, has threatened legal action against the government of his father for failure to pay the sum of N82 million to his company, Global Firm Nigeria Limited, being final payment of a contract he executed.

DAILY NIGERIAN exclusively gathered that on February 13, 2020, Mr Ganduje approved contract for “CONVERSION OF MARIRI REHABILITATION CENTER TO IDP GIRLS SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE” to his son’s company at the cost of N189,913,590.54.

On May 7, 2021, the company was paid N94,556,795.27 through referral payment from the state Ministry of Local Government, representing 50 percent of the contract sum, leaving the balance of 50 percent.

After a downward review the contract by the ministry to the tune of N177,619,259.36, another contract for the supply of computers and furniture for the administrative block and entrepreneurship items at the cost of 12,294,331.23 was awarded to the company to cover the deficit.

The National Movement And The Embarrassment It Has  Caused -Adnan

But to Abdulazeez’s dismay, his father refused to approve the final payment of N82,662,464.04, despite allegedly executing the project, writing to the ministries concerned and involvement of some associates of the governor.

Advert

Insiders told DAILY NIGERIAN that the governor’s refusal to approve the payment might not be unconnected with Abdulazeez’s September 2021 petition to the EFCC against his mother, Hafsat Ganduje, in a bungled multi-million naira land deal he (Abdulaziz) facilitated.

In a letter addressed to the Ministry of Education and seen by DAILY NIGERIAN, Abdulazeez’s solicitors demanded payment of N82,662,464.04 within seven days or take legal action.

When contacted, the governor’s son confirmed his resolve to take legal action over the issue, but said his father refused to approve the payment over his (Abdulaziz) refusal to give kickback in cash to Ganduje Foundation.

I’m a very peaceful person. I did my best and explored all peaceful options to get the payment of my money, about N83 million, to no avail.

“I have not been paid either because of the petition I wrote against Goggo (his mother) or my refusal to give part of the money to Ganduje Foundation as kickback.

“I said I would not give cash, but donate materials to the foundation. But they insisted that I must donate money to the foundation and I swear to God that I will not.

“This is the money that I worked hard for. I executed the project diligently at the Mariri IDP centre. I have been waiting patiently to receive this money but there is no sign of paying it to me,” Abdulazeez told DAILY NIGERIAN.

The state commissioner for Information Mohammed Garba did not respond to DAILY NIGERIAN inquiry on the matter.

Mr Ganduje was previously exposed in an alleged kick-back collection scandal in October 2018 when DAILY NIGERIAN published a series of videos showing the governor collecting money from a government contractor.

The executive secretary of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, PACAC, Sadiq Radda, on Thursday said Mr Ganduje has several questions to answer regarding corruption cases against him.

You can see in Kano, Ganduje has many cases to answer while in office, he will answer more out of office and sadly for the first time in Nigeria a son is taking his mother to the EFCC,” Mr Radda said.

News

Kano Hajj Medical Team Commended for Commitment to Pilgrims’ Healthcare in Saudi Arabia

Published

on

 

By: Lamara Garba

The medical team deployed by the Kano State Pilgrims Welfare Board for this year’s Hajj exercise in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has continued to receive commendation for its commitment and dedication to the healthcare needs of pilgrims.

The team, headed by Dr. Ibrahim Musa, has established clinics in all the seven major houses accommodating pilgrims from Kano State in Makkah to ensure easy access to medical care throughout the Hajj period.

The Kano medical team operates in collaboration with the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) medical mission, working in synergy with the national healthcare structure put in place for Nigerian pilgrims in Saudi Arabia.

Speaking to reporters in Makkah, Dr. Ibrahim Musa explained that the Kano team remains fully integrated into the broader NAHCON medical framework, which coordinates healthcare services for Nigerian pilgrims and facilitates collaboration with Saudi health authorities.

According to him, the arrangement has enabled the team to provide prompt and efficient healthcare services while ensuring that patients requiring further medical attention are properly referred through the established Saudi healthcare referral system.

He disclosed that most of the cases being attended to involve minor ailments such as joint pains, malaria, catarrh, fatigue, and routine complications among diabetic and hypertensive patients, many of whom require medication adjustments due to the weather and physical demands of the Hajj exercise.

Advert

“We attend to patients promptly, provide necessary treatment, and where additional attention is required, referrals are made seamlessly through the appropriate channels in collaboration with NAHCON and Saudi medical facilities,” he stated.

Dr. Ibrahim Musa further revealed that the Kano State Government procured adequate drugs and medical consumables to cater for the health needs of pilgrims throughout their stay in the holy land.

He noted that beyond the fixed clinics established in the major accommodation centres, the medical team also operates a decentralised and mobile healthcare service to cater for pilgrims residing in a few outlier accommodations located away from the main clusters.

According to him, the mobile arrangement has significantly improved accessibility and ensured that no pilgrim is left unattended regardless of location.

Dr. Ibrahim Musa also expressed profound appreciation to the Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Abba Kabir Yusuf, for providing the necessary support and enabling environment for the medical team to function effectively during the Hajj exercise.

He stated that the successes recorded so far were largely due to the Governor’s commitment to the welfare of pilgrims, particularly in the areas of healthcare support, provision of drugs, logistics, and personnel deployment.

Also speaking, one of the medical doctors attached to the team, Dr. Ashiru Muhammad Sumaila, expressed satisfaction with the level of preparation made for the medical mission.

He explained that adequate drugs, medical equipment, and personnel were made available to support effective healthcare delivery during the Hajj exercise.

Dr. Ashiru Muhammad Sumaila particularly commended the team leader, Dr. Ibrahim Musa, for providing effective coordination and leadership, which he said has enhanced smooth medical operations across all the accommodation centres.

He added that the strong teamwork among the healthcare personnel, combined with support from NAHCON and Saudi health authorities, has contributed immensely to the smooth handling of medical cases involving the pilgrims.

The medical team also advised pilgrims to continue observing health guidelines by staying hydrated, taking prescribed medications regularly, avoiding unnecessary exposure to extreme heat, and maintaining proper hygiene during the Hajj rites.

Some of the pilgrims who spoke with our correspondent praised the medical team for their accessibility, professionalism, and prompt response to health concerns, describing their presence as reassuring and comforting throughout the spiritual journey.

Continue Reading

News

Over 1.5 million Pilgrims Converge at the Sacred Saudi Masjid for Hajj Surpassing 2025 Record

Published

on

 

By Yusuf Danjuma Yunusa

Over 1.5 million pilgrims have arrived in Saudi Arabia from outside the kingdom for the upcoming hajj, according to a Saudi official, exceeding the number of international visitors last year despite the war in the Middle East.

The conflict triggered by the US and Israeli strikes on Iran in late February saw Tehran order waves of strikes on targets in Saudi Arabia and across the Gulf, prompting widespread air traffic disruptions and causing travel costs to surge.

Major Gulf airlines in the UAE, Qatar, and Bahrain have worked to quickly restore much of their operational capacity after weeks of airspace closures and flight cancellations.

Advert

Despite the complications, pilgrims have continued to flock to Saudi Arabia to participate in this year’s hajj.

“The total number of pilgrims arriving from abroad has reached 1,518,153,” Saleh Al-Murabba, the commander of Saudi Arabia’s Hajj Passport Forces, told a press conference late Friday.

These figures are expected to rise further over the next two days as pilgrims continue to arrive from abroad ahead of the formal rituals that mark the beginning of the hajj on Monday.

Last year, the total number of pilgrims at the hajj reached 1,673,320, including 1,506,576 from outside Saudi Arabia.

The hajj, one of the five pillars of Islam, must be performed at least once by all Muslims with the means.

Continue Reading

News

Tinubu, Wife Vote in Lagos as APC Presidential Primary Kicks off

Published

on

 

By Yusuf Danjuma Yunusa

President Bola Tinubu and his wife, Oluremi, on Saturday participated in the All Progressives Congress presidential primary at Ward E, Ikoyi, Lagos, as the ruling party commenced its nationwide exercise ahead of the 2027 general elections.

The couple arrived at the venue in a motorcade and were received by a large crowd of party supporters, security personnel, and members of the press.

Video footage from the primary showed Tinubu and Oluremi navigating through dense crowds of APC members dressed in traditional attire as they moved through the venue.

The exercise is part of the party’s May 2026 ward-level primaries, through which the incumbent president is seeking re-nomination as the APC’s flagbearer for the 2027 presidential election.

Advert

Heavy press coverage accompanied the event, with cameras capturing the president’s movement through the crowd of supporters and party faithful who had turned out at the Ikoyi ward.

After voting, Tinubu described the exercise as a demonstration of internal democracy and expressed satisfaction with its conduct across the country.

“Demonstration of internal democracy, and it has been going very well according to plan. This is politics, grassroots politics, where every member of the party has the right to participate and be involved.

“My challenge is to ensure that we have an internal democracy and it’s peaceful and well organised,” he said in a video shared by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.

Tinubu also praised APC governors for their roles in the electoral process across their respective states.

“Today, I am very satisfied that these governors have done well in their various states.

“From the world congresses, to local government congresses, to the delegation accreditation, validation, members register and certification of the electoral process. It has been going very well.

“At least, you will score democracy at a high level,” he stated.

Continue Reading

Trending