Connect with us

News

Kano Emir, Gov, others hail Dangote at Trade Fair

Published

on

The Dangote Industries Limited weekend buoyed its catalog of approval ratings with the commendation of Kano Emir Aminu Ado Bayero.

Emir Bayero, who visited the Dangote pavilion and was elated by the company’s participation, had in his entourage Council members of the KACCIMA, as well as other traditional rulers in the state.

The Emir also commended the Kano Government, Kano Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture(KACCIMA), and other participating companies in the ongoing 42nd Kano International Trade Fair that closes on Saturday, December 11, 2021.

Emir Bayero said his accolade is timely given the challenges businesses face around the world.

According to him: “ We have visited the Trade Fair, and we are happy with development so far despite the economic situation around the world. May Allah support our effort.”

Breaking:Shagari’s Chief Of Army Staff Gen.Wushishi Is Dead

A statement from the Dangote Group said the company has slated Friday, December 10, 2021, for its Special Day.

Advert

The Emir’s visit came soon after the Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje visited the company’s pavilion and spoke glowingly of Dangote Group’s President Aliko Dangote.

The Governor who was represented by the Commissioner of Commerce and Industry Ibrahim Mukhtar said the contribution of Mr. Dangote to Kano and indeed Nigeria, in the areas of industrialization and job creation, cannot be quantified.

Speaking earlier, during a visit to the Dangote pavilion, Ugandan Envoy to Nigeria, Ambassador Nelson Ocheger, described Mr. Dangote as an ‘African jewel’ and an institution, whose indirect support to African political leaders in the areas of job creation and industrialization are impacting positively on peace and stability on the continent.

President of Kano Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture(KACCIMA), Dalhatu Abubakar, described as apt the theme for this year’s 42nd Trade Fair, which is: Consolidating the Challenges of Covid-19 pandemic to opportunities growth and development of micro, small and medium enterprises in Nigeria.

Deputy President and Chairman of Trade Fair Committee Uba Tanko Mijinyawa said the Dangote Group has been a partner all through, even as he extolled its charity works through the Aliko Dangote Foundation(ADF).

Speaking to newsmen earlier, the Director-General of the KACCIMA Mustapha M. Aliyu commended the Dangote Group for the partnership and sponsorship of the Trade Fair.

He described the relations between the duo as mutual and supportive.

“We appreciate his efforts and support to the socio-economic growth of Africa,”  the Director-General added.

A statement from the Dangote Group said companies participating under the Dangote Industries Limited are: Dangote Cement, Dangote Sugar, NASCON, and Dangote Fertiliser.

Dangote Group urged participants who seek to do business with any of the company’s subsidiaries, to avail themselves of such opportunities through Special Desks at its pavilion.

It described Kano State as one of its biggest markets in the country, adding that it has historically been a major trade route not only in Nigeria but in Africa as a whole.

News

Breaking:Ramadan Cresecent Sighted In Saudi Arabia

Published

on

— The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted in Saudi Arabia, confirming that the holy month will begin on Wednesday.

The announcement followed reports from authorized moon sighting committees across the Kingdom, in accordance with Islamic tradition.

With the confirmation, Muslims across Saudi Arabia will begin fasting at dawn on Wednesday, observing the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar with prayers, reflection and charitable acts.

Advert

Ramadan is a period of spiritual devotion marked by daily fasting from dawn to sunset, increased worship, and community gatherings.

Mosques across the Kingdom are preparing to receive worshippers for Taraweeh prayers, while authorities have finalized arrangements to ensure smooth services during the holy month.

Government entities and private institutions are also set to implement adjusted working hours in line with Ramadan schedules.

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: Drama in Reps as Lawmakers Reverse on Electronic Results, Opposition Walks Out

Published

on

 

By Yusuf Danjuma Yunusa

The House of Representatives on Tuesday rescinded its earlier decision on Clause 60(3) of the Electoral Act amendment bill, adopting instead the version earlier passed by the Senate, which allows both electronic and manual transmission of election results.

The decision followed an emergency sitting and sparked protest from opposition lawmakers, who staged a walkout from the chamber while chanting, “APC, ole! APC, ole!” in open dissent.

The House had initially approved a stricter provision mandating compulsory electronic transmission of results from each polling unit to the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) Result Viewing (IREV) portal.

Advert

The earlier version stipulated that: “The Presiding Officer shall electronically transmit the results from each polling unit to the IREV portal and such transmission shall be done after the prescribed Form EC8A has been signed and stamped by the Presiding Officer and/or countersigned by the candidates or polling agents where available at the polling unit.”

However, at Tuesday’s sitting, lawmakers reconsidered the clause and aligned with the Senate’s version, which introduces a caveat in the event of technical failure.

Under the adopted provision, while electronic transmission remains mandatory, it provides that where such transmission fails due to communication challenges, making it impossible to upload results electronically, the manually completed Form EC8A—duly signed and stamped by the Presiding Officer and countersigned by candidates or polling agents where available—shall remain the primary basis for collation and declaration of results.

The reversal has heightened political tension within the chamber, with opposition members expressing concern that the amendment could weaken safeguards around electronic transmission of election results.

Continue Reading

News

Health Ministry Enforces Federal Directive, Retires Directors with Eight Years’ Service

Published

on

 

By Yusuf Danjuma Yunusa

The Federal Ministry of Health has ordered an immediate disengagement of Directors who have spent at least eight years in the directorate cadre with immediate effect.

The directors affected include those in the ministry, federal hospitals, agencies, among others, according to a memo sighted by our correspondent in Abuja on Tuesday morning.

The Federal Government had, on Monday, directed all Ministries, Departments, and Agencies to enforce the eight-year tenure limit for directors and permanent secretaries, following a new deadline set through the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation.

The memo announcing the enforcement of the order at the FMOH signed by the Director overseeing the Office of the Permanent Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Health, Tetshoma Dafeta, reads, “Further to the Eight (8)-Year Tenure Policy of the Federal Public Service, which mandates the compulsory retirement of Directors after eight years in that rank, as provided in the Revised Public Service Rules 2021(PSR 020909) copy attached, I am directed to remind you to take necessary action to ensure that all affected officers who have spent eight years as Directors, effective 31st December, 2025, are disengaged from Service immediately.

Advert

“Accordingly, all Heads of Agencies and Parastatals are by this circular, to ensure that the affected staff hand over all official documents/possessions with immediate effect, their salaries are stopped by the IPPIS Unit and mandate the officers to refund to the treasury all emoluments paid after their effective date of disengagement.

“This is reiterated in a circular recently issued by the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Ref. No. HSCF/3065/Vol.I/225, dated 10″ February 2026. A copy is herewith attached for guidance, please.

“In addition, you are to forward the nominal roll of all directorate officers
(CONMESS 07/CONHESS 15/CONRAISS 15)

“Failure to adhere to paragraph 2 above shall be met with stiff sanctions.”

Recall that in July 2023, the former Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Folasade Yemi-Esan, announced the commencement of the revised Public Service Rules.

Speaking at a lecture at the State House, Abuja, to mark the 2023 Civil Service Week, Yemi-Esan stated that the revised PSR took effect from July 27, 2023.

The Head of Service issued a circular addressed to Permanent Secretaries, the Accountant-General of the Federation, the Auditor-General for the Federation, and heads of extra-ministerial departments, informing them of the revised rules.

“Following the approval of the revised Public Service Rules (PSR) by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) on September 27, 2021, and its subsequent unveiling during the public service lecture in commemoration of the 2023 Civil Service Week, the PSR has become operational with effect from July 27, 2023,” the circular read.

According to Section 020909 of the revised PSR, the tenure limit for permanent secretaries is four years, with a possible renewal based only on satisfactory performance.

The rules also stipulate that a director (GL 17) or their equivalent shall compulsorily retire after eight years in that position.

Continue Reading

Trending