Connect with us

News

Best Choice Specialist Hospital Slashes Fees by 50 percent, Introduces Free File Opening in Kano

Published

on

 

In a monumental move to make quality healthcare more accessible to the masses, Best Choice Specialist Hospital has announced a 50 pecent reduction in its operating fees.

This bold step is a testament to the hospital’s commitment to providing affordable healthcare services to the people of Kano and its environs.

This was contained in an exclusive interview with Hospital’s CEO, Alh Auwal Muhammad Lawal with Alfijir News on Tuesday.

According to Lawal, the CEO of Best Choice Hospital, the decision to reduce fees was made after careful consideration of public complaints and appeals.

“The hospital’s management board conducted a thorough investigation and discovered that some patients were unable to stay until the doctor discharged them, while others were unable to attend the hospital despite their desire to do so.”

With compassion of the revelation led to the decision to slash fees and introduce free file opening.

Advert

According to him, the hospital’s new fee structure is as follows:

– File opening: Free (previously N20,000 for individuals and N40,000 for families)
– Consultation fees: N5,000 (previously N10,000)
– Admission fees:

– VIP ROOM: ₦35,000 (previously N70,000)
– AMENITY ROOM: ₦25,000 (previously N50,000)
– GENERAL WARD: ₦12,500 (previously N25,000)

-ANTENATAL ₦80,000 (Previously 150,000)
-DELIVERY ₦80,000 (Previously 150,000)
-CESAREAN SECTION (CS) ₦300,000 (Previously 600,000)

A Commitment to Quality Care

Best Choice Specialist Hospital is committed to providing quality healthcare services to the community. Equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and staffed by top-notch medical professionals, our team is dedicated to ensuring that patients receive the best possible care in a comfortable and safe environment.

Our Services

The hospital offers a wide range of medical services, including:

– Specialist consultations
– Laboratory tests
– Imaging services
– Surgical procedures
– Emergency care

Why Choose Best Choice Specialist Hospital?

– Experienced and skilled medical professionals
– State-of-the-art facilities and equipment
– Personalized care and attention
– Affordable fees

Contact Information

Best Choice Specialist Hospital
Plot 782/783 Tal’udu, near Sheikh Bashir Eli Rayya School, Kano
Email: mailto:bestchoiceclinic@gmail.com or bestchoiceclinic@yahoo.com
Facebook: Best Choice Specialist Hospital
Phone: +2347034951671, +234912 345 3534, or +2342082443318

Condolences

On behalf of the management and staff of Best Choice Specialist Hospital, we extend our deepest condolences to the family of the late Alh Aminu Dantata, the Kano State government, and the people of Kano and Africa at large. May God grant the deceased eternal rest and bless us all with good health and prosperity. Amen.

News

Fifty years after Murtala’s death history is on his side- Former CDS General Ogomudia

Published

on

 

Half a century after his assassination, the legacy of General Murtala Ramat Mohammed continues to resonate across Nigeria and beyond. At a commemorative event marking the 50th anniversary of his death, organized by the Kano Patriotic Front in collaboration with Bayero University Kano, speakers described him as a leader whose courage, reforms, and patriotism remain etched in the nation’s conscience.

Former Chief of Defence Staff, General Alexander Oduaredu Ogomudia, who served under Murtala as Head of Corps Signals, reflected on the enduring impact of the late Head of State. “His actions spoke louder than his voice,” Ogomudia said, emphasizing that Murtala’s leadership style was defined by sacrifice and unwavering influence.

Ogomudia said General Ishola Williams, who was close to Murtala, described him as a man of charisma and empathy. He highlighted Murtala’s decisiveness, transformational leadership, and insistence on accountability in public service. “Courage defined him. He took difficult decisions, demanded accountability, and embarked on bold reforms,” Said General Alexander . He recalled Murtala’s famous “Africa has come of age” speech, which asserted Nigeria’s leadership role on the continent and remains a landmark in African diplomacy. “He was bold, straight to the point, and a man with a sense of purpose,”.

Advert

General Alexander Ogomudia was Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff from 2001 to 2003 and Chief of Defence Staff from 2003 to 2006.

 

Representing Bauchi State Governor, Deputy Governor Muhammad Auwalu Jatau (Madugun Katagum) praised Murtala’s enduring legacy. “His name is permanently in the conscience of our nation despite his brief stint as Head of State,” Jatau said. He described Murtala as not only a Nigerian hero but also an African icon who rekindled hope in the Nigerian spirit and upheld the dignity of the Black race. “His decisiveness was admired by his peers, respected by his subordinates, and his legacy continues to be blessed long after he left this world,” he added.

Jatau also noted that the creation of Bauchi State remains one of Murtala’s enduring legacies, underscoring his commitment to national unity and development. “He died for his beloved country, and today he is remembered. Generations yet unborn will continue to honor him,” he said.

The anniversary celebration also featured the launch of a book in Murtala’s honor, further cementing his place in Nigeria’s historical narrative. Speakers agreed that his brief but impactful tenure as Head of State left behind a leadership template defined by discipline, courage, and patriotism.

Fifty years on, Murtala Mohammed’s story remains one of sacrifice and unwavering influence. His reforms, his bold stance on African independence, and his insistence on accountability continue to inspire Nigerians and Africans alike, ensuring that his legacy endures across generations.

 

Continue Reading

News

Murtala’s Heroism a reason Why Some Nigerians are Saying he is not From Kano

Published

on

 

 

The sister of Nigeria’s late Head of State, General Murtala Ramat Mohammed, has sought to put an end to lingering debates about his ancestral roots. Hajiya Balaraba Ramat Yakubu made the remarks at the launch of her new book, Unveiling the Ancestral Root of Nigerian General, organized by the Kano Patriotic Front in collaboration with Bayero University, Kano.

Speaking at the event, Hajiya Balaraba emphasized her direct family connection to the late leader, stating that they shared the same mother. She explained that since his assassination in 1976, Murtala’s heroism, patriotism, and enduring popularity have led some Nigerians to question his Kano origins. “Many Nigerians are saying he is not from Kano,” she said, adding that the book was written to debunk such claims and preserve the truth about their lineage.

Hajiya Balaraba stressed that false narratives about Murtala’s background had persisted for decades, making it necessary to document their family history. She traced their roots back to their great-grandfathers, underscoring the importance of preserving the family’s heritage for future generations.

Advert

Book reviewer and researcher Malam Ibrahim Ado Kurawa echoed this sentiment, noting that it was “pertinent to project and protect the ancestry of General Murtala Mohammed through documented writings.” Kurawa revealed that his research established Murtala’s grandfather, Alkali Suleiman, as the Chief Judge of Kano during the reign of Emir Alu, who was deposed by the British in 1903. This, he argued, firmly situates Murtala’s lineage within Kano’s historical leadership.

Sarkin Shanun Kano, who also serves as Vice President of the Barewa Old Boys Association, reflected on Murtala’s formative years at Barewa College between 1952 and 1957. He described him as a disciplined student, active in debates and athletics, and a natural mediator in disputes. “He lived briefly and intensely, leaving a leadership template that is still relevant today,” he said. “He showed that patriotism is action.”

Hasiya Mukhtar, sharing a personal recollection passed down from her father, who was a friend of Murtala, remembered his fondness for children. “He liked children; he used to carry me on his shoulders,” she said, painting a picture of a leader whose warmth complemented his fierce commitment to Nigeria.

Continue Reading

News

Protesters Return to NASS, Insist on Mandatory Electronic Transmission

Published

on

 

By Yusuf Danjuma Yunusa

Protesters on Monday, February 16, stormed the headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC)

The demonstrators, comprising civil society organisations including Situation Room and ActionAid, insisted that manual collation of results be scrapped entirely to curb manipulation during the collation process.

The protest followed a five-day lull after lawmakers gave assurances during last Tuesday’s plenary that concerns around Clause 60(3) of the amendment bill would be revisited.

Security operatives mounted barricades at the entrances to the National Assembly complex, preventing the protesters from gaining access. The demonstrators subsequently staged their rally outside the main gates, chanting and displaying placards calling for transparency in the electoral process.

Advert

They argued that there was no justification for retaining manual backups, noting that election budgets already provide for technological infrastructure to support seamless electronic transmission.

Last Tuesday, the Senate reconvened in an emergency plenary to reconsider its earlier position on Clause 60(3). Senate Chief Whip, Senator Tahir Monguno (APC, Borno North), moved a motion to delete the phrase “real-time” and replace the word “transmission” with “transfer.”

The proposal triggered heated debate on the floor, with senators including Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (APGA, Abia South) raising repeated points of order in opposition.

At the end of deliberations, the Senate approved electronic transmission of results to the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) Result Viewing (IReV) portal but retained manual collation as a fallback option in the event of technical failure.

The Senate is scheduled to reconvene on Tuesday, February 17, at 11 a.m., where further decisions on the bill and other national matters are expected.

Meanwhile, the protesters vowed to sustain pressure on lawmakers until real-time electronic transmission is made mandatory without exceptions.

Continue Reading

Trending