Connect with us

News

Gov. Yusuf assures compensation, relocation of property owners at Tal’udu Overpass project

Published

on

 

 

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of Kano state has assured government readiness to compensate owners of properties affected by the muli-billion naira Overpass project under construction at Tal’udu area of the metropolitis.

In the alternative, Governor Yusuf also disclosed plans to allocate new layout to the residents who are affected by the construction free of cost and out the compensation money that would be given to them.

Governor Yusuf gave the assurance during a meeting with stakeholders and leadership of Tal’udu communities at the Government house in Kano.

A statement by Spokesperson of the Governor, Sanusi Bature Dawakin-Tofa, said Governor Yusuf had invited the stakeholder for a dialogue over their claims and development interest of the state.
” All of you would be reasonably compensated in cash through your designated bank accounts, we will also agree with you on the time frame for you to move out of the project site and ww would also give plots free of charge as many of you may want to build another houses”

Advert

According to the statement, Governor Yusuf explained his administration’s Urban renewal drive to meet global standard of a mega city. He stressed
plan to set an infrastructure performance bar at high level to meet the status of most populous city in Nigeria.

The Governor recalled the multi-layer critical infrastructural project at Tal’udu along side the Underpass Bridge at Kofar Dan’Agundi, both in Municipal and Gwale local government areas were flag off in 2024 to enhance free flow of vehicular movements.

Besides, the Governor posited that capital project costing about N30 billion were intended to achieve multiple purposes of urban beautification, decongestion of traffic and urban renewal.

Earlier, Chairman of the Community Association, Alhaji Abba Aminu Imam expressed delight over government acceleration of development as spread across the state.

The leader of the community however appealed to government to facilitate the settlement plan of members of the community whose properties were affected by the ongoing construction.

Meanwhile, Government has constituted an adhoc committee to revisit the ongoing settlement and compensation plan for the Tal’udu community.

News

Special Report: Ram Prices Drop But Sales Remain Slow Along Mararaba/Karu Axis

Published

on

 

By Yusuf Danjuma Yunusa

Over the weekend, ram dealers along the Mararaba/Karu axis of Abuja lamented low patronage as the Eid-el-Kabir festival approaches.

Alhaji Ibrahim Babangida Umar, one of the dealers who spoke with our correspondent, disclosed that the price range for rams this year has reduced compared to last year’s prices.

“The highest price for the rams here currently is 800,000 naira, which is lower than what we charged last year,” he said.

He also noted that at this same period last year, customers had already started trooping in to purchase three to four rams each.

Advert

“This time last year, our customers had started coming in to patronise us. You would see just one person buying three to four rams to share with his friends and relatives,” Umar said.

However, he stated that they remain hopeful as Eid-el-Kabir draws nearer, citing the tradition of some people buying rams a day before the celebration.

“But we’re hopeful. Maybe from Monday till the Eid day, which is Wednesday, customers will have started coming in to patronise us. You know, some of these customers like buying rams late, and others live in rented apartments where they wouldn’t want to inconvenience their neighbours,” Alhaji Ibrahim explained.

Eid-el-Kabir is an occasion in Islam marked by rituals that include performing Hajj (pilgrimage), fasting on the ninth day of the Islamic month of Dhul-Hijja, and slaughtering rams on the tenth day for those at home who did not travel for the pilgrimage.

Amid the daunting economic situation Nigerians are currently facing, Muslims are beginning to doubt the serenity with which this year’s Eid will be celebrated.

Continue Reading

News

Kano Hajj Medical Team Commended for Commitment to Pilgrims’ Healthcare in Saudi Arabia

Published

on

 

By: Lamara Garba

The medical team deployed by the Kano State Pilgrims Welfare Board for this year’s Hajj exercise in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has continued to receive commendation for its commitment and dedication to the healthcare needs of pilgrims.

The team, headed by Dr. Ibrahim Musa, has established clinics in all the seven major houses accommodating pilgrims from Kano State in Makkah to ensure easy access to medical care throughout the Hajj period.

The Kano medical team operates in collaboration with the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) medical mission, working in synergy with the national healthcare structure put in place for Nigerian pilgrims in Saudi Arabia.

Speaking to reporters in Makkah, Dr. Ibrahim Musa explained that the Kano team remains fully integrated into the broader NAHCON medical framework, which coordinates healthcare services for Nigerian pilgrims and facilitates collaboration with Saudi health authorities.

According to him, the arrangement has enabled the team to provide prompt and efficient healthcare services while ensuring that patients requiring further medical attention are properly referred through the established Saudi healthcare referral system.

He disclosed that most of the cases being attended to involve minor ailments such as joint pains, malaria, catarrh, fatigue, and routine complications among diabetic and hypertensive patients, many of whom require medication adjustments due to the weather and physical demands of the Hajj exercise.

Advert

“We attend to patients promptly, provide necessary treatment, and where additional attention is required, referrals are made seamlessly through the appropriate channels in collaboration with NAHCON and Saudi medical facilities,” he stated.

Dr. Ibrahim Musa further revealed that the Kano State Government procured adequate drugs and medical consumables to cater for the health needs of pilgrims throughout their stay in the holy land.

He noted that beyond the fixed clinics established in the major accommodation centres, the medical team also operates a decentralised and mobile healthcare service to cater for pilgrims residing in a few outlier accommodations located away from the main clusters.

According to him, the mobile arrangement has significantly improved accessibility and ensured that no pilgrim is left unattended regardless of location.

Dr. Ibrahim Musa also expressed profound appreciation to the Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Abba Kabir Yusuf, for providing the necessary support and enabling environment for the medical team to function effectively during the Hajj exercise.

He stated that the successes recorded so far were largely due to the Governor’s commitment to the welfare of pilgrims, particularly in the areas of healthcare support, provision of drugs, logistics, and personnel deployment.

Also speaking, one of the medical doctors attached to the team, Dr. Ashiru Muhammad Sumaila, expressed satisfaction with the level of preparation made for the medical mission.

He explained that adequate drugs, medical equipment, and personnel were made available to support effective healthcare delivery during the Hajj exercise.

Dr. Ashiru Muhammad Sumaila particularly commended the team leader, Dr. Ibrahim Musa, for providing effective coordination and leadership, which he said has enhanced smooth medical operations across all the accommodation centres.

He added that the strong teamwork among the healthcare personnel, combined with support from NAHCON and Saudi health authorities, has contributed immensely to the smooth handling of medical cases involving the pilgrims.

The medical team also advised pilgrims to continue observing health guidelines by staying hydrated, taking prescribed medications regularly, avoiding unnecessary exposure to extreme heat, and maintaining proper hygiene during the Hajj rites.

Some of the pilgrims who spoke with our correspondent praised the medical team for their accessibility, professionalism, and prompt response to health concerns, describing their presence as reassuring and comforting throughout the spiritual journey.

Continue Reading

News

Over 1.5 million Pilgrims Converge at the Sacred Saudi Masjid for Hajj Surpassing 2025 Record

Published

on

 

By Yusuf Danjuma Yunusa

Over 1.5 million pilgrims have arrived in Saudi Arabia from outside the kingdom for the upcoming hajj, according to a Saudi official, exceeding the number of international visitors last year despite the war in the Middle East.

The conflict triggered by the US and Israeli strikes on Iran in late February saw Tehran order waves of strikes on targets in Saudi Arabia and across the Gulf, prompting widespread air traffic disruptions and causing travel costs to surge.

Major Gulf airlines in the UAE, Qatar, and Bahrain have worked to quickly restore much of their operational capacity after weeks of airspace closures and flight cancellations.

Advert

Despite the complications, pilgrims have continued to flock to Saudi Arabia to participate in this year’s hajj.

“The total number of pilgrims arriving from abroad has reached 1,518,153,” Saleh Al-Murabba, the commander of Saudi Arabia’s Hajj Passport Forces, told a press conference late Friday.

These figures are expected to rise further over the next two days as pilgrims continue to arrive from abroad ahead of the formal rituals that mark the beginning of the hajj on Monday.

Last year, the total number of pilgrims at the hajj reached 1,673,320, including 1,506,576 from outside Saudi Arabia.

The hajj, one of the five pillars of Islam, must be performed at least once by all Muslims with the means.

Continue Reading

Trending