Connect with us

News

Dangote Refinery Receives Maiden Crude Cargo, Sparks Optimism at Kano Trade Fair

Published

on

 

As Dangote Refinery takes delivery of its maiden crude cargo last week, organizers and participants at the just concluded Kano International Trade Fair have expressed joy and optimism that the new refinery would positively impact all spheres of the economy.

Director General of the Kano Chamber of Commerce Industries Mines and Agriculture (KACCIMA), Tijani Aliyu Abdu Danzabuwa said the Refinery will create multi-dimensional wealth, and the impact would be felt across Africa.

The DG spoke on the sideline of the Dangote Special Day at the Kano Fair.
The DG added: “It’s great! It’s what we’ve been so anxious to hear. We hope and pray for a hitch free operation and may it bring the fuel price down and assist in ending fuel scarcity in Nigeria.”

The company had announced last that the maiden one million barrels, which represent the first phase of the six million barrels of crude oil to be supplied to Dangote Petroleum Refinery by a range of suppliers, should sustain the initial 350,000 barrels per day to be processed by the facility. It added that the next four cargoes will be supplied by the NNPC in two to three weeks and the final of the six cargoes will be supplied by ExxonMobil.
“This supply will facilitate the initial run of the refinery as well as kick-start the production of diesel, aviation fuel, and LPG before subsequently progressing to the production of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS). This latest development will play a pivotal role in alleviating the fuel supply challenges faced by Nigeria as well as the West African countries,” it said.
Excited by the news of the Dangote Refinery’s maiden crude cargo, participants who spoke to newsmen at the Dangote pavilion said the refinery would create multi-dimensional wealth in all sectors.

“The news that the Dangote Refinery has taken delivery of crude is highly delighted and welcomed. I am sure it would multi-dimensional impact and create wealth across all sectors,” Dr Ibrahim Samaila Kudu said.

Advert

Speaking of the Sambajo General Enterprises Limited Salisu Sambajo described the news as welcome, adding that it would support the dwindling economy.
He described the refinery as a legacy project that will positively transform the Nigeria’s economy.

Billionaire businessman Femi Otedola had also described the Dangote Refinery as the eighth wonder of the world, saying it would championed Nigeria’s energy security.
The refinery is designed to comply with US EPA, European emission norms, and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) emission/effluent norms as well as African Refiners and Distribution Association (ARDA) standards.

President of Dangote Group, Mr. Aliko Dangote had stated: “We are delighted to have reached this significant milestone. This is an important achievement for our country as it demonstrates our ability to develop and deliver large capital projects. Our focus over the coming months is to ramp up the refinery to its full capacity. I look forward to the next significant milestone when we deliver the first batch of products to the Nigerian market.”
Country Chairman of Shell Companies in Nigeria, Mr. Osagie Okunbor stated: “We welcome the startup of a refinery that is designed to produce gasoline, diesel, and low-sulphur fuels for Nigeria and across West Africa and are happy to be enabling it.”
Dangote Group is the major sponsor of the ongoing 44th Kano International Trade Fair.

Meanwhile, a subsidiary of DIL, the Dangote Packaging Limited, DPL, has been unveiled in Kano on the margin of the Dangote Special Day on Wednesday 6th, December
The public presentation and launching were conducted by the President of KACCIMA, Garba Imam.
Garba said that the Emir of Kano, Dr. Aminu Ado Bayero was informed about the event, to further elevate the brand identity to marketers of various products in Kano.

He commended the Conglomerate for impacting Nigeria’s economy and easing the sufferings of the people
“DIL has contributed immensely to growth and development of all most all the sectors in Nigeria, and the Sub-Saharan Africa.

“KACCIMA will do its best to enhance increased awareness and acceptability of the packaging Brand in Kano”.
DPL, formally known as Agrosacks is a subsidiary of Dangote Industries and a foremost provider of polypropylene bags for packaging of the Group products, while meeting requirements for the 3rd party markets – farmers and other stakeholders
Head of Sales and Marketing of Dangote Packaging Limited, Mr. Kawu Jakada said DPL products are of high quality, durable, and water resistant.

News

Information Commissioner Meets Civil Society Groups on Governance, Development in Kano

Published

on

Comrade Ibrahim Abdullahi Waiya addressing the Press after the meeting

 

The Kano State Commissioner for Information and Internal Affairs, Ibrahim Abdullahi Waiya, on Thursday convened a strategic meeting with civil society organisations to discuss issues affecting the state and strengthen collaboration with the government.

During the engagement, the commissioner briefed participants on the ongoing initiatives of the administration of Abba Kabir Yusuf, noting that civil society groups play a critical role in governance and policy development.

Waiya reiterated the government’s commitment to inclusive governance, stressing that civil society actors remain key partners in promoting sustainable development across Kano.

Advert

He described civil society organisations as an important constituency, emphasizing the need to deepen partnerships, sustain open communication, and build stronger cooperation between government institutions and non-state actors.

Participants at the meeting described the session as interactive and forward-looking, as stakeholders exchanged ideas on policy priorities and strategies aimed at advancing development in the state.

The meeting ended with a renewed commitment by both the government and civil society groups to continue working together in promoting transparency, accountability, and development initiatives in Kano State.

Continue Reading

News

ADC Raises Alarm Over Alleged Plot to Arrest Chibuike Amaechi

Published

on

 

By Yusuf Danjuma Yunusa

The Rivers State chapter of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) has raised serious concerns over an alleged plot by the government to arrest a prominent leader of the party and former Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

The party’s State Publicity Secretary, Chief Luckyman Egila, made the allegation during an interview with LEADERSHIP in Port Harcourt on Friday. He claimed that the ADC, positioning itself as a leading opposition force, has become a primary target of the administration.

Responding to questions about widespread speculation regarding Mr. Amaechi’s potential arrest, Egila stated that such rumours are credible within the nation’s current political context.

Advert

“While it may be termed a rumour, we are in a political arena where such possibilities cannot be dismissed,” Egila said. He drew a parallel to a recent incident involving a key opposition figure, adding, “We must recall that Nasir El-Rufai was recently detained by the Department of State Services (DSS). It appears they are systematically targeting anyone perceived as opposition.”

Egila elaborated on the ADC’s self-perceived role in the national political landscape, suggesting that its growing influence is the motive behind the alleged plot.

“As things stand in Nigeria today, the African Democratic Congress is emerging as the main opposition political party capable of challenging the ruling party. We cannot simply write this off as a baseless rumour; there is a deliberate scheme to incapacitate anyone with the capacity to oppose or defeat them in an election.”

Despite the serious allegations, Egila was careful to reaffirm the party’s commitment to lawful conduct. He noted that while the party has received intelligence regarding the purported plan, the specifics of the operation—whether it would be a public arrest or a covert action—remain unclear.

“The African Democratic Congress is a law-abiding political party,” Egila stated. “We are aware of the intelligence suggesting this move, but we do not know if they intend to apprehend him publicly or through other means.”

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: El-Rufai to be Arraigned February 25 for Cybercrime, Security Breach

Published

on

 

By Yusuf Danjuma Yunusa

The State Security Service, SSS, will on Feb 25, arraign former Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on alleged cybercrime and breach of national security, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court, FHC, fixed the date after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho, assigned the case to her.

The DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Ngpfvuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked: FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act, (2024), and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In count on, El Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, did admit during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

Advert

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc) Amendment, Act, 2024.

In count two, the ex-governor was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, did state during the interview that he knew and related with certain individual, who unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of NSA, without reporting the said individual to relevant security agencies.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 27 (b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc) Amendment, Act, 2024.

Count three alleged that El Rufai and others still at large, sometime in 2026, in Abuja, did use technical equipment or systems which compromised public safety, national security and instilling reasonable apprehension of insecurity among Nigerians by unlawfully intercepting NSA’s phone communications.
.
The act, which the DSS said, the ex-governor admitted during an interview on Feb. 13th on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja “and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 131(2) Nigerian Communications Act 2003.”

Recalls that El-Rufai had, during a live interview on the TV station, claimed he overheard Mr Ribadu directing security operatives to detain him, linking the alleged directive to an attempted arrest at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport on Feb. 12y after his return from Cairo, Egypt.

The former governor was detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Monday over corruption allegations.

He was granted administrative bail at about 8 p.m. on Wednesday but was said to have been immediately taken into custody by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

The ICPC’s Spokesperson, John Odey, who confirmed the development in a message shared on a journalist’s Whatsapp group Wednesday night, simply said: “Malam Nasiru El-Rufai is in the custody of the commission in connection with ongoing investigations.”

Continue Reading

Trending